Catering Unit on Private Business Park; Permission from Council?

by Les

Hi David,

Have permission from a privately owned Business Park to put a catering unit on site,i know i`d need to inform Environmental Heath but do i need to inform or need permission from the Local Council, I will be paying rent for the pitch to the Business Pk owners.

Regards Les

Comments for Catering Unit on Private Business Park; Permission from Council?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 15, 2016
business parking space
by: jose

Good afternoon sir or madam.
i am looking for permission from the council for my catering van to rent in a private business park,
i would be selling hot and cold refreshments

Jul 11, 2014
Permission from Council
by: David

Hi Les,

You still have to inform the local council and register with them as a food business. They will then come out and inspect the trailer and make sure you are operating within the safe food guidelines. You should also have an up to date Level 2 Food and Hygiene Certificate.

Also be aware that you still may have to pay for a trading license/business rates so contact your local council to avoid any unwanted surprises.

The following post may also prove helpful:

Business Rates On Humble Van

License for Private Land

Best of luck to you, and do keep us updated.


PS. Get my free guide on Starting a Mobile Catering Business Guide

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Pitches.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.