What to Do - Mobile Catering Quetions, Food and Hygiene Certificate

Dear David,

Thank you so much for the information that you have provided - Its been an amazing help!

I have a niche market that I would like to push forward, but would like further info as to what cold/hot licenses I need to pursue further.

I also held a personal license in 2006, so would I need to renew? I also did my food hygeine at the same time too - would I need to renew this also?

Kind Regards


Comments for What to Do - Mobile Catering Quetions, Food and Hygiene Certificate

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 15, 2011
Mobile Catering Certificate
by: David

Hi Kiran,

I am very pleased to hear my information is helping you along and will do my best to continue in the future.

To sell hot and cold food from a catering trailer you will need to contact your local council and register your food business.

From here they will come out and inspect you trailer and check to see that you have an up to date food and hygiene certificate.

Sorry not really sure what you mean when you say held a personal licence 2006, please elaborate so that I can try and help you further.

With regards to your food and hygiene certificate it’s recommended that you take a refresher course every 3 years to keep up to date and on top of new developments from the industry.

Hope this helps


p.s Get my free guide on Starting a Mobile Catering Business

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Food & Hygiene Certificate.