Mobile Catering Trading In Oxford Street London


Thank you for your support in answering our questions.

I will like to know how likely will it be to get permission to trade in ice cream/snow cones around oxford street,and hyde park area, london.

You mentioned somewhere that if one could get a license from any local council, they could practically trade anywhere in the uk...I might have misunderstood!

Please advice.


Kind regards


Comments for Mobile Catering Trading In Oxford Street London

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jul 24, 2012
Mobile Catering In London
by: Davud

Hi Kate,

Yes you are partly correct, you can register your catering business with you local authority (where you reside) but you will still have to seek permission (from landowner) to trade in, Oxford Street or Central London, or where it is you want to trade.

Bear in mind that these types of locations are highly completive and rent/pitch rates will, more than likely work out to very high.

As for Hyde Park, this is managed by the Royal Parks, and you will have to tender for a new concession once a license becomes available. They manage most of the parks in central
London; visit their website for full details at:

Maybe if you offer a service like you have suggested, snow cones, bike ice cream it maybe something that they are willing to trial, since it’s not the normal type of catering.

Best of luck,

PS. Get my free guide on Starting a Mobile Catering Business Guide

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Licence .