Mobile Business Between 2 Different Councils.

by Arvind Verma
(Milton Keynes )

Hi I have a food license from my council just about 6 months ago. They are supposed to have a inspection again in 18 months.

I have just moved to another car park up the road 4 miles approx and to my surprise it falls under a different council. Will I need to apply for a new food license from the other council?
Any advice would help.


Comments for Mobile Business Between 2 Different Councils.

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 16, 2014
2 Different Councils
by: David

Hello Arvind,

You should be registered with the local council in the area of where you catering vehicle is stored. They will come out and inspect your trailer, if then you move to another area or trade in different location, you don’t have to register again.

However the other council EHO may still choose to inspect your trailer or they will confirm your status with the registered council.

Hope this helps,

PS. Get my free guide on Starting a Mobile Catering Business Guide

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Food & Hygiene Certificate.