I Want To Take My Mobile Catering Van To Festivals –What licences Do I Need?

by jenny
(Norwich, Norfolk)

I want to take my burger van to festivals but don't know what kind of licence etc I should need to accomplish this. I know you need food hygiene certificate, but do you need some kind of street traders licence and if so how would I go about getting one. Also what sort of insurance would I need?

Comments for I Want To Take My Mobile Catering Van To Festivals –What licences Do I Need?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 13, 2012
Also ...
by: Anonymous

Have just found that after registering in your own council you then have to also register in the locality of anywhere you want to trade - even if it's on private land like a festival!

Jun 29, 2010
Mobile Catering For Festivals and Events
by: David

Hi Jenny,

You will need to register your mobile catering business with the local council of where you reside.

As long as you have done this you will be covered to trade in other areas for festivals and events. From here it’s a matter of contacting local event and festival organisers to check pitch availability. Also try the eventsbook.co.uk for list of events and festivals which are help all over the country.

For insurance you will need public liability insurance as you will be serving the public, and don’t forget to insure your catering van/trailer.

Best of luck Jenny!


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Pitches.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.