Food Hygiene Certificate Mobile Catering

by Asty
(Hampshire, UK)

What food hygiene accreditation do I need for running a general store at music festivals in the UK.

We are not a catering stand as such, but will be selling foods for campers to cook themselves ie bacon, eggs, sausages. We will also be selling fresh bakery items, pies, sausage rolls (which can be heated in our microwave oven if required).

We will also be selling hot drinks. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks


Comments for Food Hygiene Certificate Mobile Catering

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 11, 2011
Food and Hygiene Level 2
by: David

Hi Asty,

If you?re going to be handling and cooking food as suggested you will need to take the level 2 food and hygiene course. It?s normally last around 2 and half hours and comprises of a series of multiple choice questions and answers.

There is also a Level I food and hygiene course but it's really for those who work with low risk foods i.e. bar staff, waiters, shop staff etc

Take the course at a college near you or also online if it?s easier for you.

Best of luck


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Food & Hygiene Certificate.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.