Council License Fees even on private land?

by Aadam

I am in the process of trying to set up a food trailer in Birmingham. Currently the council have no licenses for the town center and charge approx 250 per month around the city (if pitch is approved).
I have approached a local supermarket with really good footfall to make attempts to use their carpark. I appreciate there might have to be an application to change the license on the land use.
My issue is; i spoke with the local council and they said i would still need to pay the monthly street traders fee even if it is on private land. They claimed as customers will be coming from the highway the street traders fee would still apply.
Is this accurate or am i being misinformed?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Pitches.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.