Which Exact Health and Hygiene Certs are Required for Mobile Catering Trailer

by nadine
(west yorkshire, uk)

Hi David,

I’m a little unsure as to which food and hygiene certificates I need to buy and run my own mobile catering trailer? Do I need level 1, 2, 3 or all of the above?

Also I would like to go into partnership with my boyfriend so do we both need a certificate or would only one of us need it as we would be running it one doing 3 days then the other doing 3 days? I would be most grateful for your advice
Thanks, Nadine.

Comments for Which Exact Health and Hygiene Certs are Required for Mobile Catering Trailer

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jul 12, 2011
by: nad

thanks very much for you help, courses now booked

Jul 05, 2011
Food and Hygiene Level 2
by: David

Hi Nadine,

Yes it can be a little confusing at times, the best Level to go for is the Level 2 food and hygiene certification. This will cover you to work on the catering trailer and run the business with peace of mind.

Also if you boyfriend is going to be working for 3 days, it?s beneficial if he also applies for his level 2 food and hygiene certificate, since he will also be preparing, cooking and handling food. This will also cover you incase any inspectors turn up from the Council on the day you are not present.

The food and hygiene test is widely available in local collages for around £30-£50 pounds and takes less than a day to complete.

Most of the questions are common sense and multiple choices questions, so it?s really not too difficult to pass.

You can also study and take your level 2 food and hygiene course online if you wish.

Best of luck


p.s Get my free guide on Starting a Mobile Catering Business Guide

Start Mobile Catering - How! My Story

Catering Trailers for Sale

Catering Liabiliy Insurance

Grants, Finance to Get Started

Start Up -Sole Trader, Company Best You

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Licence .