Start Cooking - Mobile Catering Unit

by michael hand

hi based in Ireland and want to start catering trailer business.

I have a spot to park on my own property along road where cars can pull in. Do i need license from local authorities in order to trade legally. thanks mick.

Comments for Start Cooking - Mobile Catering Unit

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 24, 2009
Go and See Your Local Council
by: Anonymous

Hi Mick,

Many people ask this question and I think that you will have to contact your local council and see where you stand legally. As you will be operating a commercial business in a residential area, some people may not approve.

But saying that I know someone whose house is situated on the corner of an industrial estate. They are trading legally from their front garden - so it is possible.

If your local council give you the go ahead take your food and hygiene test get you?re your certificate and register with the environmental health.

Hope this helps as a starting point for you, best of luck with your opportunity


Quick Links Help

Start Mobile Catering - How! My Story

Catering Trailers for Sale

Catering Liabiliy Insurance

Grants, Finance to Get Started

Start Up -Sole Trader, Company Best You

Free Start Up Guide

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Licence .