Snack Van Around a Rail Station

by Johnny

I am looking into an opportunity to start a snakc van around a rail station. Do I need to speak to the council regarding the permission?

Or do I need to contact the rail station authorities for permission? Do I sill need a street trading license?


Comments for Snack Van Around a Rail Station

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Nov 21, 2012
Mobile Catering Outside Train Station
by: David

Hi Johnny,

You first contact should be with the actual rail station company to see if it’s possible for them to grant you a pitch. They will normally let you know who to approach or give you the details for their head office.

You will still have to contact the local council to get your food business registered and expect to pay them a yearly fee which can vary.

As for a obtaining a street trading licence this is something that you will need to ask the council as it varies from council to council.

The council will also need a letter of permission from the rail company as well possible planning permission approval (even on privately owned land) before they will give you the green light to start trading.

A friend of mine did this some time back and managed to get a small catering trailer situated outside a station, so it’s definitely possible and viable.

You may also find this post makes for interesting reading:

Catering van for three months now, its right outside a train station

Let me know how it goes.

Wishing you every success!

PS. Get my free guide on Starting a Mobile Catering Business Guide

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Licence .