Inspired Me To Start My Own Small Business

Hello, Your story inspired me to start my own business. If you could answer my question it would be great..

What legal requirements do I need to gain? (food hygiene certificate, trading license from local council(the one I'll be trading from?), gas/electricity checks, landlord/owner permission, trailer insurance) did I miss anything?

Thank you very much. Looking forward to get your answer.


Comments for Inspired Me To Start My Own Small Business

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 04, 2009
A Few Steps to Consider
by: Anonymous

Hi Indre,

These are roughly the steps you should be taking

? Market research to make sure their is demand in your area

? Take food and hygiene test this is a legal requirement

? Raise some capital for catering vehicle or rent one if you rent it will come with all gas/electric certificates

? Look for catering pitch or rent one, again if you rent it will come with permission to trade

* Register with the local council so that they can visit you to do spot checks on you and trailer/van also a legal requirement.

* Get yourself some limited liability insurance, this covers the public and it required by law.

Indre, I wish you the best of luck with starting your business-let me know how it goes.


Quick Links Help

Start Mobile Catering - How! My Story

Catering Trailers for Sale

Catering Liabiliy Insurance

Grants, Finance to Get Started

Start Up -Sole Trader, Company Best You

Free Start Up Guide

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Licence .

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.