I Have Bought a Catering Trailer

by Mark
(Gtr Manchester)

I have bought a catering trailer now I am just off to view a suitable vehicle. I did my food hygiene on line over the weekend, so it's all go. What is the process for getting a licence from Rochdale council so I can get cracking?

Comments for I Have Bought a Catering Trailer

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 06, 2014
Register With Local Council
by: David

Hi Mark,

Simply contact the local council and they will ask you to register your food business, if you check your local council website this application may even available on line. You need to register with them 28days before you start trading.

At some point they will then visit you to make sure that you are following all the Food safety requirements, don’t forget to display your F&H certificate inside your vehicle and make sure to get it protected by having it laminated.

If you’re in the process of looking for a vehicle please read the buyer aware post

Beware of The Catering Vehicle You Are Buying

Also, make sure all LPG gas equipment has passed it's test and carries the CE Mark

More info below:

Fitting Mobile Catering Equipment

Best of luck

PS. Get my free guide on Starting a Mobile Catering Business Guide

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Pitches.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.