Wiring a van.

by Michal

I am about to start wiring process of my catering van as well as piping work for lpg appliances.
Could you please explain to me what kind of qualification are required for such jobs ? I want to check first if I can use help of my friends who work with electrical installations.
I am working on a very low budget but I do consider using mobile catering manufacturer, however it would be helpful to know what qualifications would meet legal requirements when getting all necessary permits.

Thank you!

Comments for Wiring a van.

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 17, 2020
3 Phase
by: Mike

No appliances will need 3 phase plug I planned. However when trading where power is supplied I need a main power external socket which installation already requires a special qualification ?

Feb 17, 2020
Mobile Catering Legal Requirements
by: Gerrard


The electoral installation is normally covered by domestic qualified installers, unless you have large three phase.

For all lPG Gas, you need a gas safe registered installer qualified for commercial catering, LPG and mobile catering. Alll equipment would need to be tested and issued with a gas safe certificate before you could start any type of trading.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Start Mobile Catering .