We Want to Be Able to Trade at Festivals and Sometimes at the Road Side

by Paul

Hi I am looking to start a similar business to the one you described in your story. I am a 25 yr old guy looking to set up my own business with my girlfriend as we want more than the 9-5 and we would ideally like to end up on the festival circuit.

We will be focusing on hot and cold drinks and snacks (not actually cooking any food) and also selling goods clothes accessories etc.

We want to be able to trade at festivals and sometimes road side. we would be trading from a small stall and using a van (probably a LDV convoy)to transport the stall and stock to different locations.

My pressing question that i am looking for answers to is licensing to sell items.How do you get a license to just sell tea in a lay-by or in a carpark to tourists etc. Any pointers would be great

Thanks Paul

Comments for We Want to Be Able to Trade at Festivals and Sometimes at the Road Side

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jul 29, 2009
Approach Event Organisers To Cater For Festivals
by: Anonymous

Hi Paul,

The best place for you to begin would be to approach the large festival and event organisers.Who will be able to provide you with a pitch or least point you in the right direction.

As for selling food/snacks and cloths and accessories you will need to be clear on what it is you want to sell or you will confuse your customers and the event organisers.

If you want to trade in a lay by you would have to either contact the highways agency or the local council or where you want to trade.

Hope this help you out.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Pitches.