The Lunch Box - Where To Trade My Catering Van

Hi, I want to start up my own mobile sandwich business, I have the van fitted out with cool boxes and shelving and I have a supplier. The only thing holding me up is street traders licence from council; they tell me where I can’t trade and not where I can!! Is there any way I can sell on private land i.e car parks etc and would I still need traders licence?

Hope you can help been trying to get started since March

Brenda (The Lunch Box)

Comments for The Lunch Box - Where To Trade My Catering Van

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jun 01, 2010
by: Brenda


I have not tried the pubsyet as most of them do their own food, at present I am contacting railway station carparks and maybe social clubs i.e maybe ex-servicemens labour and conservative clubs, still not up and running!!!

Cheaper to be mobile but easier if you can afford a shop, its so difficult to find a private place that will let you on, but i will keep trying thankyou so much BRENDA :)

May 25, 2010
Have You Tried Contacting Pub Car Parks
by: David

Hi Brenda,

If you can find a private piece of land then you should not need a street trading licence. Have you tried contacting pub car parks, privately owned trading and business estates, even as you suggest private car parks As long as the land is on private property and you have their permission you should not have to apply for a street traders licence.
Best of luck, and let us know how it goes.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Pitches.