Soft Ice Cream Van Business - Start Up Information


Soft Ice Cream Business

Soft Ice Cream Business

Hi Jim here,

Looking for any information or directions on starting a soft ice cream business, prices, guides
insurance, licence etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,


Comments for Soft Ice Cream Van Business - Start Up Information

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 27, 2011
Ice Cream Van Start Up Info
by: David

Hi Jim,

In a nutshell to start an ice cream van business you will need to buy an ice cream van, register with you local council and apply for a "Hawkers" licence and apply for a possible CRB check (confirm with local council) since you will be in direct contact with young children.

It’s just a matter of getting a BASIC FOOD HYGIENE CERTIFICATE finding a regular pitch, or location where you are allowed to stop and serve customers.
Next you will need liability insurance and buying the stock ice cream mixture, ice lollies, sweets, crisp and snacks. For exact prices you will have to contact insurance brokers to obtain a quote for insurance.

Just to let you know that many councils are now banning ice cream van from outside schools and colleges, read this article titled Why ice-cream vans face total meltdown for more information.

Also here is an interesting article on CRB checks and burger vans, not directly related to ice cream vans but interesting to say the least.

Best of luck


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Hot Dog Business .