Small Mobile Snack Van - How To Get Started

by c.neil

Hi in U.K and wish to set up a vegetarian snack van/bar something i can tow.I dont know anything about this but have great cooking skills ..most of what I would like to sell would be made the day before,but i imagine i will cook on site also.

I would also provide hot food and drinks.
What do i need to make this happen apart from snack van?

Are there health and safety certificates,catering certificates to get and what about insurance.

I hope you can use your expertise to shed some light on this.

Many thanks

Colin neil

Comments for Small Mobile Snack Van - How To Get Started

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 21, 2010
Basics To Get Started In Mobile Catering
by: David

Hi Colin,

The first thing you will need to do is to find a pitch to trade from, get your food and hygiene certificate(take a course), catering liability and trailer/van insurance. From here you can purchase stock and set your menu and your prices.

This is it in a nutshell; it will take a lot of work and commitment to get your business up and running, but no more so than any other start up business.
Best of luck

p.s Get My Free Mobile Catering Guide

Free Start Up Guide

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Start Mobile Catering .