Setting up Personal Mobile Catering Business at a Festival?

by Sophie Taylor
(Warwickshire/ Leamington Spa)

Hey there,

I am looking into buying a specialised catering trailer to cater for festivals and events. However I am not aware of the licenses and procedures I need to go through to get a fully legit trailer, capable of travelling to several festivals and food venues.

Also how do I get involved with these festivals, in order to rent space for weekend festivals? I hear this is a steep amount of money to be paid and was wondering what the likely figures are.

Ay information at all would be much appreciated, or any contacts that would be helpful
Thank you for your time

Comments for Setting up Personal Mobile Catering Business at a Festival?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jul 08, 2010
Mobile Catering For Festival and Events
by: David

Hi Sohpie,

The first thing I would recommend you do is to contact some event providers and organisers to see if you can get a pitch at their event.

The events book guide at list 1000's of events around the country and includes contact and telephone details of event organisers.

From here you will have a better idea of events pitch prices which will likely range from £100's to £1000's depending on how much footfall is expected.

You can then reserve a pitch at how many events you think you can cope with.

Once you have secured the pitches, take you food and hygiene test and get your certificate. Then start looking to buy high a high output trailer to cook for large quantities of people.

Register you business with your council, and then purchase catering liability/trailer insurance.

This is it in a nutshell, for more detailed information please sign up for my free start up guide.

Best of luck to you!

Do let us know how it goes.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Pitches.