Ice Cream Van Business

by sharon
(stainforth ,settle,n yorkshire)

Hi I have just lost my shop :( and now want to start an ice cream van business I’m in Yorkshire and understand that car parks are out of bounds to trade but roads are ok as long as no one is in danger.

As you can imagine I am very nervous about starting a new business please can you give me sound advice to restrictions and school boundaries that are in place?


Comments for Ice Cream Van Business

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jul 24, 2012
Ice Cream Van Business
by: David

Hello Sharon,

So sorry to hear that you have lost you shop but it could be a case of making way for better and bigger things in the future ;-)

With regards to your question, it just a matter of applying for a street trading license since you will be selling from the street to members of the public.

Before you begin, you should also contact your local council for sound advice. This is because the rules that each council enforce, varies around the country.

Some don’t mind you stopping outside a school, whereas others have banned this practice and will even confiscate your ice cream van. I found this article which you should read:

Council bans ice cream vans from stopping outside schools

Obviously, you need to find this information out, long before you spend any money buying an ice cream van.

Best of luck,

PS. Get my free guide on Starting a Mobile Catering Business Guide

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Licence .

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.