Gas Certification for New Equipment?

by Adam

Do I need to get gas certification with a brand new setup? My equipment is new and I have a quick safe LPG system for gazebos.

I have read that new equipment comes ready certificated. Do I still need to contact a gas safety engineer to check my setup or am I free to operate?

Comments for Gas Certification for New Equipment?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 29, 2019
Gas Safety Testing LPG
by: Gas Help

It is true that manufacturers will test individual items before they leave the factory, they do this whilst covered by the factories act, the staff are not gas safe registered, the whole rig and appliances are not tested together.

To trade you need evidence of gas safety testing and inspection by a gas safe registered engineered engineer qualified for LPG, commercial catering appliances and mobile commercial catering.

Without a test you have nothing to show event organisers, safety professionals, EHO or the HSE that your equipment is safe in the configuration you have set it up to comply with UKLPG Code 24/3

Best of luck,


P.S Get the free guide on Starting a Mobile Catering Business

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to LPG Gas Equipment Certificates.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.