Becoming Self-employed and Starting My Own Business

Hello this is a great site so I thought I would post a question too.

How do you keep track of expenses throughout the year for the tax man? Also how easy is it to become self-employed and to get a card to be able to use places like Costco, Macro etc.

Comments for Becoming Self-employed and Starting My Own Business

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Nov 26, 2009
Register With HMRC to becoe Self -employment
by: Anonymous

Hi there,

You can register with HER Majesty Revenue & Customs,(HMRC) within 3 months of starting your business if you want to be self-employed. You will be liable for all your own taxes and national insurance contributions but can get assistance if you get stuck. When you apply they will send you out a pack containing all the information you will need.

If you want to get a card at Costco or Macros you will need some evidence of your business. Such as a bank statement, bill, business card or letter head in your business name.

Hope this helps

p.s Get My Free Mobile Catering Guide

Free Start Up Guide

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Start Mobile Catering .

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.