Mobile Catering License Caribbean Cuisine

by Glenroy
(Bristol )

Hello I have a catering van that prepares high quality Caribbean cuisine jerk chicken, fried chicken, stewed chicken, peppered steak, curried goat, ackee&saltfish, rice&pea and lots more.

I have been applying to the council for several years now for a street trading license in different places with no avail. Have spend a lot of money on this van and just have it pack up please if anyone could shed some light on this or help me find a pitch I will be really grateful.

Comments for Mobile Catering License Caribbean Cuisine

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 06, 2015
Mobile Catering License
by: David

Hi Glenroy,

You only need to approach the council initially to register your food business with the local authority. This is a legal requirement. The next step is to apply for a street trading licence for any of their designated pitches, which is what you must have, be doing for the last few years.

The problem with this is that council owned pitches are always oversubscribed and have a long waiting list, so it’s not guaranteed that you will receive a pitch from them. This is why you must look for your own pitch, by searching your local area for Industrial Estates, pub car parks, retail parks, summer fairs, local music events etc. This is the only way to keep moving forward. The council should have only been the first place to start and not the final destination when it comes to finding a pitch.
I would also think about catering/supply food for weddings, receptions, birthday parties etc. This kind of menu would go down well in these types of events.

You may also find this post helpful:

Carribean Cooking Mobile Catering

Best of luck,

PS. Get my free guide on Starting a Mobile Catering Business Guide

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mobile Catering Licence .